Automatic configuration system (ACS)
User enhance, variety of services, equipment management by user such as cellphones, modem or other equipment (CPE, IAD), has always been a concern for service providers with the advancement of wired and wireless access technologies. Auto configuration system (ACS) playing a key role in main services related to processes that is mentioned below:
- The subscriber’s equipment configuration and service activation
- performance status Monitoring and reporting
- software update for subscriber’s
Having an ACS system is inevitable for manage the equipment of subscriber in broadband services. Here’s the importance and role of this system in an internet service provider’s network:
- Service activation and equipment configuration:
- Usually the system startup needs to set up specific settings for the service provider in different modem sections in broadband network, and on the other hand, by adding new services and changing the previous, this equipment needs to be reconfigured.
- Performance monitoring:
- We always need to have complete information about configuration status of user side, performance, alarms and events that helps us improve optimization and troubleshooting network.
- Software updating:
- Software update is required to solve software problems as well as adding new features but according to the expertise required, the possibility of updating software by the user is not possible and also this is not working by sending technical force to the subscriber’s place considering the vast number of users in a network. The ACS software performs an update operation remotely on a specific part of the CPE, considering the features in the discussed protocols.
- User-side equipment diagnostic is always a part of the service delivery facility in broadband data networks, and also usually a significant proportion of bugs and errors due to misconfiguration are in this section according to the structure of this equipment. The ACS software performs a checking and diagnostic operation remotely on the user side equipment for supporting services that are usually very expensive.
ACS Required input from external IT system