Equipment Identity Register (EIR)
- High-capacity, multi-protocol, advanced signaling solution
- Full compliance with international standards
Mobile phone theft has become a growing problem worldwide, with hundreds of thousands of phones reported stolen each year.
PROTEI EIR enables network operators to enter the IMEI of stolen handsets into a “blacklist”, thus preventing them from being registered on the network.
PROTEI EIR provides automatic device detection functionality required for identification of changes of subscriber’s device. Every change of subscriber’s device will be detected by PROTEI EIR. Detection is based on MAP procedures (MAP-CHECK-IMEI) in full accordance with international standards. The change of subscriber’s device leads to the change IMEI -connected with MSISDN by comparison received IMEI with saved one. PROTEI EIR can detect changes calling the notice of external system.
- Full handling of Check IMEI functionality
- Using standard procedures for detection
- Horizontally scalable solution
- Processing of “blacklists” and “gray lists”
- Easy integration with network elements
- Wide opportunities for implementing additional services