Gateway Mobile Switching Center (GMSC)
Gateway Mobile Switching Center PROTEI GMSC is intended to serve voice calls of GSM/UMTS subscribers and specially developed to suit needs of mobile virtual network operators (MVNO).
Functionally PROTEI GMSC is based on Soft-switch class 4 equipped with additional functional modules that are specific for GMSC such as HLR interrogation module supporting MAP and gsmSSF module supporting CAP.
System supports a range of signaling protocols and their extensions that ensure interoperability with core MNO networks built on the equipment of any vendor. Interaction with network core maybe done via SIP/SIP-I/SIP-T or H.323; inter working with traditional (legacy) PSTN and PLMN network is organized using PROTEI mGate. ITG media gateways.
Intelligent and powerful call routing subsystem enables multi-criteria routing of inbound and outbound calls basing on various parameters, including SLA and the traffic intensity per directions.
System supports T-CSI, M-CSI and N-CSI triggering to utilize maximum potential of CAMEL capabilities.
- Compatibility with equipment of different vendors
- Intelligent calls routing according to various parameters
- Embedded gsmSSF subsystem (CAMEL phase 2..4 support)
- Scalable according to network growth
- Convenient licensing mechanism based on number of simultaneous calls
- CDR generation and statistic counters
- Ability to flexibly adapt the format of data to customers’ requirements
- Powerful tool for statistics collection to ensure QoS
- SNMP for alarm indication
- Support of a large number of signalling protocols and their extensions that allows working with VoIP-networks and maintaining interoperability with PSTN;
- Powerful system of data collection and analysis for monitoring the quality of service (QoS) according to various parameters: CallQoS (ASR, CAPS, SC, ACD, PDD, SCD), VoiceQoS (R-Factor, PESQ, bandwidth, loss);
- Intelligent routing of calls according to various parameters, including SLA and the traffic intensity of directions;
- Ability to query external systems for routing parameters, in particular over protocol RADIUS;
- Ability to perform routing according to various parameters, including e-call flag;
- Convenient licensing mechanism based on the number of simultaneous calls;
- Ability to modify the numbers of calling and called subscribers and to establish connection using the modified numbers;
- Ability to flexibly adapt the format of data included in records about provided services (Call Detail Record) according to the requirements of the operator and service providers;
- Ability to gather statistics on the provided services;