Home Location Register (HLR/HSS)
PROTEI Home Location Register is a cost-effective, high performance and scalable solution to suit both – new and existing mobile operators, mobile virtual network operators (MVNO), service- and content providers. Scalable architecture and flexible throughput licensing of PROTEI HLR/HSS enables an operator or provider to select a solution that not only mirrors the revenue stream of today, but can be used to meet operator tomorrow’s needs.
Subscriber’s data and supported protocol are implemented in strict accordance with 3GPPstandards (29.002, 23.008) that ensures compatibility of PROTEI HLR/HSS with network elements of any vendor.
- Manage mobility of subscribers by means of updating their position in administrative areas called ‘location areas’, which are identified with a LAC. Support of Location area update procedure.
- Send the subscriber data to a VLR or SGSN when a subscriber first roams there.
- Broker between the GMSC or SMSC and the subscriber’s current VLR in order to allow incoming calls or text messages to be delivered.
- Remove subscriber data from the previous VLR when a subscriber has roamed away from it.
- Centralized database with information about each SIM-card
- Can be configured as a separated node in mobile network
- Horizontally scalable
- Single database remains for several HLRs
- Registration of roaming subscribers data, including TMSI and VLR
- Storage all information about services granted or requested by subscriber
- SNMP and alarm indication support